Saturday, February 17, 2007

Fear!

This is one of those things that I want to say, but have no idea who my audience should be . . .

Thane showed fear today! That may not seem like a big deal, but for a child who would just walk into the ocean or to the edge of a cliff, it was actually calming for my husband and I to see this today.

Dave and Thane were playing, and Thane ended up upside down with Dave holding his ankles. Thane look terrified and immediately wanted to right himself. This from a kid who likes to be tipped partially over to help him calm down. Maybe he will start to show some caution and we won't have to worry as much.

Thane also showed some anger today, which is something else I am not used to seeing in this form. He tantrums and throws himself at things, but this was different. I got a look that was like he was throwing daggers at me accompanied by those words any mother dreads hearing "Don't love you!" He was mad because I said he could not have any more candy. I said he had enough, I love him, but no more. So his reponse was that he didn't love me. Ouch! Combined with the look, I really did feel upset . . . though I guess I shouldn't have shown that.

No comments: