Saturday, May 12, 2007

"Chinese Freeze Tag"

Ack! I’ve been tagged!!! Kimberly must think I have 10 interesting things to say about myself but I am not sure she is correct on that one. I’m supposed to say 10 things about myself, tag 10 people, and then they are supposed to tag another 10 (without repeating previously tagged folks!). We’ll see how this goes.

1. I started blogging only about 6 months ago because I tend to be too lazy to write things down . . . but I am not always good at blogging either! I tried really hard last month and have completely slacked off.

2. I adore penguins . . . and my older son looked a bit like one last night in black dress pants, white dress shirt, and a black tie for his concert yesterday. If I can figure it out, I am going to try to post his original piano composition up here. I wouldn’t hold your breath for that, though!

3. Shopping is fun to me . . . but only if I don’t have to pay full price. The weird thing is that I am not cheap or anything like that, I buy more than I should, but it has to be some kind of deal.

4. My little video of Thane is actually the first slideshow/montage of any sort that I have put together. I can’t tell you how many times I crashed my computer before I figured things out. And I ended up using three different programs to produce it and get it small enough to upload.

5. I went to boarding school at Loomis Chaffee in Connecticut. My 25th reunion is in June, but we won’t be going. I think I have only gone back once since I graduated and I am no longer in touch with anyone from high school.

6. It has actually been 11 years since I started my website and a bunch of support groups for overweight women.

7. Braeden is the result of my 10th pregnancy and Thane from my 13th – I didn’t even test until 11 weeks with Thane because I just didn’t want to know if I was going to miscarry again.

8. I spent half my summers out an island with just my immediate family – people I no longer speak to at all.

9. I love the ocean, but I rarely swim in because it is so cold up here in Maine. I feel Braeden is a true Mainer because he will go in, no problem.

10. My mother’s day wish this year is to be able to use the bathroom when I wake up without company. Thane’s new script includes “tight-rope walking” from a stool to a potty and filling a cup with water, and repeating it over and over again, complete with feigned difficulty stepping up onto the potty.

Let me see . . . who shall I tag (and who will actually look here and see they were tagged?) . . .

Alicia (she needs to post something!!!) at Jettison Junk
Liz at One Silly Mama
Dori at The Ups and Downs of Our Life
Anna and Lori

I'll stick to 5 like Kimberly did -- for the same reason!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

See, now look at that. I was right after all! You came up with 10 VERY interesting things about yourself. I definitely feel like I know you a little better now. Penguins, boarding school, and summers on an island - I had no idea! :)

Oh, you should get a video of Thane doing the tight-rope walking. That sounds too cute!