Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tiny Type

It's amazing how hectic life can be . . . and Dave has been home for over two months so you think it would actually be easier. He goes back to work on Tuesday and I will be fully responsible for all the driving again.

Yesterday was Thane's IEP with his case manager, teacher/developmental therapist and speech therapist. His occupational therapist wasn't available and his doctor never attends. After filling out all sorts of paperwork and discussing Thane's diagnosis, I found myself thinking about labels . . . and that his label would require really tiny type to fit all the diagnoses. Yet it all seems a little strange because while he is a different learner, he doesn't seem so unusual to me.

We did get confirmation of his early reading skills. I've always heard about some children reading young, but I guess I didn't think it would be one of mine. He's only 2 years and 9 months!

No comments: