Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Little Lovey!

There has been this really wonderful progression over the last few weeks that just melt a mother’s heart. I know every mom feels this when their little one offers a kiss or says I love you . . . I’ve just waited longer with my second than I did with my first.

Thane finally started calling me Mom with real intent just a few weeks ago, and it has since changed to “Mommy” which sounds so cute – rather like mom-mee. He also started giving kisses when asked for a kiss. He still can’t fully pucker (he has an oral motor planning issue), but he does his best!

Last night he came over to me and said, “Mommy, kiss?” I got all teary and bent down to accept his offer.

He kissed me and said, “Thank you! Anudder kiss?” Who would refuse that?!?

He kissed me again and said “Thank you! I ub you, Mommy.” He had the biggest, proudest look on his face. It was so sweet. Of course I told him, “I love you too, Thaney!”

At bedtime, Daddy asked for a kiss and Thaney obliged. Then he said “Mommy kiss?” so I got another two kisses from him, unsolicited by me. It was so sweet. I was actually up for an hour just thinking how wonderful this is and what a fabulous little guy I have!

No comments: