Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

It's a Sunday afternoon with no plans, so we spent some time just hanging around in the backyard. Dave is still trying to finish the swing set. Only the roof is left. It should be done soon and then on to some other projects.


This is what I call chaos . . . the boys dueling and the dog howling. They can all be so loud! They are always squealing and sounding so happy, but it is too much for me!


Mist in the dandelions. Next project: mow lawn. She looks cute, though she wasn't sure she wanted to be photographed there.


Thane is sensory-seeking today. I don't know whether it is because he isn't feeling well or if it is part of his general push to experiment with things he doesn't like. I remember someone posting about their child with sensory issues and had a photo of her at just over a year old running through the grass barefoot. Thane would have never done that. He wouldn't walk in grass with shoes on during his second summer, when he had been walking for 2-3 months but was very reluctant to change floor textures, such as going from rug to wood.

He has made me really stop and think a lot lately. He is just powering through some of the things that gave him trouble in the past . . . he is such a determined and strong little boy. This is such a beautiful age. I am extremely proud of both my boys. I got pretty lucky with them!

2 comments:

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Looks like you had a good family day -- and tell Dave that the playset looks amazing! You should hire him out ::wink::!

Kimberly said...

Great photos Bec. Thane has really morphed into an entirely different little boy just in the time that I've known you. It's wonderful to see him progressing. :)