Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Adventures in Carpooling

Today was the beginning of adventures in carpooling. This is definitely going to take some getting used to. I picked up Braeden at school along with two of his classmates and a younger boy. Braeden was holding the little boy’s hand as they came to the car, strapped him into his carseat, and checked on him several times. Clearly he has the big brother thing down.

I didn’t want to get out of the car to get Thane at his school when I had a car full of kids, so I asked Braeden to go in and get his brother. He took the whole carload of boys with him to get Thane! I got my little blonde boy back with stylish purple streaks in his hair (he painted it himself!).

As we drove away from the church where his developmental preschool is held, Thane dropped something and said, “Oh God!” I had a carload of kids so I suggested that he should watch his mouth. That led to a big discussion about what he said.

The littlest guest in the car pipes up and says “That’s not a bad word! I’ll tell you a bad word! Son of a bitch! You never say that to a police officer or they can arrest you for it!”

With a bunch of boys, the farting came next. As soon as I heard it, I opened the back vent windows and made them all laugh. I figured I didn’t want the smell floating up front!!!

Tomorrow I get a different collection of children. Hopefully it goes just as well – no fighting and such. They all seemed so happy, so that was a big plus!

No comments: